Grilled Kale, Salad Turnips & Scallions
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- ½ cup oil (Driftless sunflower, sesame, safflower, or peanut)
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar/honey
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce/tamari
- 1-3 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic scape, finely minced
- 1 bunch kale, leaves whole with stems
- 1 bunch salad turnips with greens, cut in half lengthwise through turnip & greens
- 1 bunch scallions, roots & tops trimmed
- Get your grill going – you’ll want it pretty hot.
- Whisk together oil through garlic scapes in a large bowl. Make sure veggies are dry & toss in oil mixture until well coated (you kinda got to get in there & get dirty with your hands).
- Lay vegetables in single layer on hot grill (in batches if necessary) & flip after a minute or two – you’re looking to get them just wilted but a bit charred on the edges.
- Stack up on a plate & repeat until done & serve as is or chop them up a bit first. Serves 4-6.