Greens & Bean Stuffed Winter Squash
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 medium winter squash
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red pepper, small diced
- ½ bunch of chard, stems chopped separately from leaves
- ½ lb. saute mix (the amount in your box), coarsely chopped
- 1 can cannelini beans or chickpeas, drained
- ¼ c. white wine or chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ c. freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash in half & remove the seeds.
- Rub cut end with oil & place cut end down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, cook onions over medium-high heat until translucent. Add garlic, red pepper, & chard stems & saute for a couple minutes.
- Add chard leaves, saute mix, beans, & wine/broth & cover for a minute or two.
- Remove lid, stir, & salt & pepper to taste.
- Fill cavities of cooked squash with mixture, top with Parmesan, & return to oven until cheese is melted.