Green Beans with Tomatoes, Garlic and Fresh Thyme
Author: Dani lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 lb. green beans, stems removed
- 2 Tbsp. olive or sunflower oil or butter
- 2 large cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan with lid, heat oil/butter over med-high heat.
- Add green beans, stir a couple times, & cover.
- After about 5 minutes, add garlic & tomato, stir a few more times, & cover again for a couple minutes.
- Remove cover, add salt, pepper, & thyme & sauté for another couple minutes, until beans are just starting to be tender.
- Stir in vinegar & serve immediately.