Green Beans, Cilantro & Almond Salad
Author: Dani Lind
- ¼ cup whole almonds (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- 4 teaspoons tamari
- Your bag of green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Driftless Sunflower Oil
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced yellow onion
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Place almonds in small nonstick skillet.
- Stir over medium heat until almonds are lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat medium-high.
- Add 3 teaspoons tamari and stir until tamari evaporates and coats almonds, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to plate and cool. Chop almonds. Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Rinse beans under cold water. Drain well. Cover almonds and store at room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate beans; bring to room temperature before continuing.
- Whisk vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger and remaining 1 teaspoon soy sauce in large bowl to blend.
- Add beans and toss to coat. Sprinkle green onions, cilantro and almonds over salad and serve.