Green Beans Almondine
Author: Dani Lind
- 1# green beans
- 3-4 baby leeks or white scallions (white & light green parts only) cut into ½# slices on the bias & rinsed carefully
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower or olive oil
- ⅓ c. slivered almonds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blanch green beans in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes.
- Drain & plunge into ice cold water until cool & drain.
- Meanwhile, heat butter & oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan just big enough to hold leeks & green beans.
- Add sliced leeks, salt, & pepper & cook over medium-low heat until translucent.
- Add almonds & continue to cook until leeks are very soft & starting to brown & almonds are starting to brown.
- Toss in green beans & cook another minute or two until they’re warmed through. Serve immediately. Serves 4.