Greek Beetroot Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 4-5 medium red beets, unpeeled with 1" of stem remaining
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- ½ c. plain yogurt
- ¼ c. walnuts, coarsely chopped & toasted
- 3 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp. white wine or apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil beets, cool in cold water, and cut them in half-moon slices about ½ inch thick.
- Toast the walnuts in small frying pan (without oil) until fragrant.
- Mix yogurt, sunflower oil, vinegar, salt & pepper and pour over beets.
- Top with walnuts and stir gently.
- Cool in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.