Grated Carrot Salad with Shallots, Lemon & Rosemary
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 Tbsp Whole grain mustard
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ c. Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil
- ¼ c. very thinly sliced shallots
- 4 large carrots, coarsely grated
- Whisk mustard, lemon juice/zest, rosemary, salt & pepper together in a large bowl.
- Keep whisking while slowly adding oil until emulsified.
- Gently toss in shallots and carrots until coated.
- Serve alone or with study bitter greens like frisee, radicchio, baby kale or finely shredded green cabbage.