This Glazed Turnips with Parsley recipe is so simple, yet so delicious.
Glazed Turnips with Parsley
- 2 turnips, sliced thickly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons water or stock
- ¼ cup chopped parsley or finely
- chopped celery leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer turnips in salted water for 15-20 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Heat butter in a large skillet; add the turnip slices and brown them.
- Season with paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle powdered sugar over turnips.
- Add water or stock by tablespoons, to make a thin glaze.
- Mix in chopped parsley until turnips are evenly coated.
- Serve hot.