Ginger Squash Soup
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, & cut into 1” cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. ginger, peeled & minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed, & minced
- 1 c. vegetable stock or water
- 2 Tbsp. Driftless Sunflower oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- juice of 1 orange
- ¼ c. half & half (optional)
- In large pot, saute onions in oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add ginger & garlic & stir for a couple more.
- Add squash, saute for another few minutes.
- Add stock/water, salt, pepper, & orange juice; cover & cook until tender,about 30 minutes. Add half & half, remove from heat, & puree until smooth.