Ginger Glazed Carrots
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 pound carrots, approximately 7 medium, cut on the bias ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup ginger ale
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- salt to taste
- In a 12-inch saute pan over medium heat, combine the carrots, butter, salt, grated ginger, and ginger ale.
- Cover and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, stir and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 5 minutes, covered.
- Remove the lid, add the chili powder and garlic and increase the heat to high.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until the ginger ale is reduced to a glaze, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve immediately.