Garlicky Beans with Tomato & Sage
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- ½ lb. yellow or dragon tongue beans (about what’s in your box), stems removed
- 2 Tbsp. Driftless Sunflower or olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ banana pepper, seeds removed, minced (medium hot - wear gloves if you have sensitive skin)
- 1 roma or slicer tomato, diced OR half a pint of sungolds, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage, chiffonaded (leaves rolled up & cut into thin ribbons)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large saute pan.
- Add garlic & banana peppers & saute over medium-high heat for a minute or two.
- Add beans & saute for another few minutes.
- Add tomato, sage, salt & pepper & continue to cook for several minutes, until tomato liquid has all but evaporated.
- Serve immediately.