Garlic & Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 lb. red potatoes, halved
- or quartered (skin on)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. buttermilk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring potatoes & salted water to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer & cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic & continue to simmer until potatoes are fork tender, another 5-10 minutes.
- Drain & return to pan.
- Over low heat lightly mash potatoes & garlic with butter, buttermilk, salt & pepper until mixed.
- Serve immediately.