Frisee Endive Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- ½ head of frisee
- ¼ c. blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ c. dried cranberries
- ⅓ c. walnuts, broken into pieces
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. finely minced yellow onion
- 1 tsp. each grainy mustard & honey
- 1½ Tbsp. sunflower, or olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash endive & spin dry.
- Coarsely chop or rip leaves & place in serving bowl.
- In a small frying pan, toast walnuts for about a minute over high heat, stirring.
- Add maple syrup & pinch of salt & remove from heat.
- Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad, toss to coat, top with cheese, craisins, & maple nuts.