Fresh Cabbage and Carrot Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, garlic, cumin, oregano and mustard just until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cabbage, carrots, green onions, salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.