Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- ½ - 1 head red cabbage (depending on size), very thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 broccoli stem, peeled & grated
- Salt & to taste
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ green bell pepper, very thinly sliced into 2” strips
- ½ yellow squash with middle scraped out, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp. mayo
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp. each ground coriander & chipotle powder
- In a large bowl, combine sliced cabbage, grated broccoli & salt & stir together with a spoon or your hands (or lightly pound with a meat pounder or wooden sauerkraut pounder if you have one).
- Meanwhile, whisk together garlic, lime zest/juice, mayo, cilantro, & spices in a small bowl.
- Add remaining vegetables & lime mayo mixture to slaw & toss.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge for a couple days.