If you’re looking for a simple, delicious recipe, look no further! This Ethiopian Veggie Skillet is sure to satisfy.
Ethiopian Veggie Skillet
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ head cabbage, shredded
- 5 potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Optional: Add another root veggie to the mix!
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the carrots and onion in the hot oil for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric and cook for a minute more.
- Next, add in the cabbage and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and cover.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are soft, 20 to 30 minutes, stirring as needed to make sure that the veggies don’t burn.