Endive, Turnip and Apple Salad
Author: Adapted from Monique Hooker’s “Cooking With the Seasons”
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbs walnut, sunflower or olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium purple top turnip, coarsely grated
- 2 small golden delicious apples, diced with peel
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ½ - ¾ head of endive, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, and parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together the turnip and apples, and toss with the dressing.
- Top with the cheese and walnuts.
- Place endive onto the number of plates you are serving.
- Place your mixture on top of the endive.