This Eggplant Zucchini Sungold Tomato Bake screams summertime! If you like a little spice, try adding some red pepper flakes to this dish.
Eggplant Zucchini Sungold Tomato Bake
- 3 medium zucchini/yellow summer squash
- Your eggplant
- ½ pint sungold tomatoes
- 2-3 medium walla walla onions, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves Italian Red garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a deep 9×9-inch baking dish or similar 3½-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Quarter the zucchini then cut into ½-inch slices and place in a large mixing bowl (each piece of zucchini should be roughly ½ to ¾ inches in size). Next, slice the eggplant into ¼-inch rounds, then stack the rounds and cut into roughly ¾-inch pieces. Add to the bowl with the zucchini. Halve the sungold tomatoes and add them to the bowl. Add chopped onions to the mix.
- Drizzle the cut vegetables with the olive oil, then add the garlic, salt, pepper, ⅓ cup of the Parmesan cheese, and half of the parsley. Toss gently to combine.
- Transfer the vegetables to the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, cover the pan with aluminum foil, then continue baking for 10 to 20 additional minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley (and chopped basil if you have some on hand). Serve warm.