Our Eggplant Caviar Recipe is a fun way to turn eggplant into a delicious appetizer and spread. Check it out:
- 1.5lb Eggplant, any variety (peel the Italian but not the minis). Cut the Italian into chunks that are roughly the same size as those minis. For the minis, cut off the stem end.
- ½ white onion, finely chopped (about 1⁄4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ of your bunch of curly parsley
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon mayonnaise (optional)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Vegetables like carrots and banana peppers for serving
- + a dark bread like pumpernickel
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Place the eggplant baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Then, roast until very tender, 30- 40 minutes (check and stir around after 15 min).
- When the eggplant is cool enough to handle, finely chop and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the onion, garlic, parsley, oil, vinegar, mayonnaise (if using), 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle with additional parsley and serve with the bread and vegetables.