Dragon Tongue Beans with Caramelized Onions
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 yellow onions, cut into ¼” slices
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 c. white wine
- 2 c. Dragon Tongue beans, snapped & strings removed & cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a cast iron pan or other thick-bottomed skillet or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, stir, & cover. After a few minutes, add salt & pepper to taste & sugar & turn heat down to medium-low.
- Cover again & cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Add white wine, turn the heat back up a bit, & cook uncovered for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When onions are starting to caramelize, add the beans, cover, & cook for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently (if the onions start to stick, add a bit more wine).
- Stir in the balsamic, taste & adjust seasoning if necessary, top with parsley if you wish, & serve.