Dijon Potato & Green Bean Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 eggs
- ½ lb. green beans (around 3 c.), snapped, large ones cut in half
- 2 lb. new potatoes (around 6 medium-large potatoes), whole with peels
- ½ c. thinly sliced sweet onion or shallot
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon (or 1 Tbsp. fresh)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil
- ⅓ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Hard boil eggs & let cool.
- Bring salted water to boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add green beans & blanch for about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove them & immediately plunge into a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain.
- Add new potatoes & boil until just tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain & fill with cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium serving bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar, tarragon, salt & pepper.
- Continue whisking while adding oil.
- Slice potatoes & eggs.
- Gently toss green beans & onions into dressing, then fold in potatoes & eggs.
- Serve with parsley.