Curried Cauliflower with Snap Peas
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3 c. cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 c. snap/snow peas or green beans
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. cumin seed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2¼ c. milk
- ½ stick butter
- 4 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- juice & zest of ½ lemon
- cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- scallions, chopped, for garnish
- In a large lidded skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower, stir, & cover.
- Meanwhile, set milk to heat over medium heat until about to boil.
- After cauliflower has cooked for about a minute, give another stir, cover, & after another minute add the snow peas & cumin seed & cover.
- After another minute, add garlic & stir a few times.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste & transfer on to a plate.
- Return empty skillet to stove & melt butter.
- Whisk in curry powder until bubbly.
- Add flour & stir constantly for another minute. In a slow stream, whisk in hot milk until incorporated.
- Continue whisking until boiling & thickened (about a minute after boiling.
- Stir in lemon juice/zest & veggies & serve over rice with garnishes.