Curried Carrot, Sweet Potato & Ginger Soup
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 teaspoons Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ cup chopped red shallots
- 3 cups sweet potato, cut into ½” cubes
- 1½ cups carrots, sliced into ¼” discs
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ** for a spicier soup, add harissa, sriracha or cayenne powder **
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add potato, carrots, ginger, and curry; cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stir in salt.
- Pour half of soup in a food processor or blender; pulse until smooth.
- Repeat procedure with remaining soup. Or better yet - if you have an immersion blender - just use that to puree until soup is the desired consistency.