Cucumber & Sweet Pepper Salad with Capers & Fresh Sage
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 large cucumber
- 2-3 sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. capers + 1 tsp. caper brine
- Juice & zest from ½ a lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive or sunflower oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh sage, cut into chiffonade
- Peel cucumber in stripes, cut lengthwise, scoop out seeds, & thinly slice on a bias into half-moons.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine garlic, capers, brine, lemon juice/zest, salt & pepper. Whisk in oil slowly to emulsify.
- Toss in vegetables & garnish with sage.