Cucumber Moons Sauteed with Fresh Dill
Author: Asparagus to Zucchini – Fairshare cookbook
Recipe type: side dish
- 2-3 cucumbers
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds. Slice about ⅓”-⅓” slices.
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Take care not to let the butter brown, but get it good and hot.
- Add the cucumbers and onions and cook, tossing often, until cucumbers are tender (about 4 min). Stir in dill plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to toss and cook until crisp-tender (about 1-2 more min).
- Serve immediately.