Cucumber & Green Olive Relish
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Topping
- 2 cups cucumbers, seeded (& peeled if you wish) & cut into small dice (1/4” or less)
- ⅓ c. green olives, coarsely chopped
- ¼ c. onion, coarsely chopped
- ¼ c. green pepper
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint OR oregano, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. sugar
- juice & zest of ½ lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. olive or sunflower oil
- Combine lemon juice, zest, vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper in a medium bowl & whisk until sugar & salt are dissolved.
- Add oil while whisking.
- Toss in remaining ingredients & serve or refrigerate.
- Serve with grilled chicken, crackers, or combine with salad greens, chickpeas, & feta cheese for a main course salad.