Creamy Roasted Tomato Sauce over Spaghetti and Vegetables is a great meal for a date night or any night! If you like a little spice, try adding some hot red pepper flakes.
Creamy Roasted Tomato Sauce over Spaghetti and Vegetables
- 2 pounds of tomatoes (2/3 of your bag)
- Olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 roaster peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1¼ cups milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pint sungolds
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 1 pound thick spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice tomatoes in half, then place on a large baking sheet. Brush each one with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt.
- On another baking sheet, toss broccoli, zucchini and peppers with a little oil and salt. Put both sheets in the oven.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, until the tomatoes are wilted and soft, and the veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté the shallot in a splash of olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the shallots & garlic and stir everything together. The flour should form a pasted coating on the onions.
- Cook for 1 minute, then whisk in the white wine, milk, cream, and salt. Whisk any flour beads until they no longer remain and the sauce is thick and velvety. Turn heat to low and continue to cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta and cook to al dente. Strain the cooked pasta and place back into its pot and drizzle with ~1 tablespoon of olive oil. This will keep the pasta from sticking to itself.
- Once the cream sauce has thickened, pour it into a large blender along with the roasted tomatoes. Blend on high speed for 3-5 minutes until the tomatoes are well blended.
- Add the veggies to the pasta and pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to combine.
- Top with halved sungold tomatoes, then garnish with a healthy dose of parmesan!