Creamy Roasted Tomatillo Dressing
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Dressing
- 6 tomatillos, rinsed and halved
- 1 jalapeno, halved
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 Tbsp Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup Mexican crema (sour cream works too)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the tomatillos, jalapeno, and onion on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a grind of black pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast until the vegetables begin to brown and slightly blacken, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove all contents from the baking sheet to a food processor and allow to cool slightly before blending.
- Add the cumin, crema, lime juice, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Puree until smooth. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Immediately before serving, toss the dressing with your salad mix, some sungold tomatoes and maybe a chopped up sweet pepper or two. (Or try drizzled on roasted potatoes or on a burrito or over a grilled flank steak...).