Creamy Parsnips and Pears
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large pear, (Bartlett or Anjou), peeled, cored and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place parsnips, pear and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the parsnips are tender and can be easily pierced with a knife, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor.
- Add butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Process until completely smooth.
- Scrape into a serving bowl and serve hot. (To keep puree hot for up to 1 hour, cover with parchment or wax paper and set the bowl in a pan of barely simmering water.)