Creamy Braised Sweet Potatoes
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 2” pieces
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. salted water or chicken broth
- ¼ c. creme fraiche
- nutmeg, salt, & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Add sweet potatoes & saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add salted water or broth, cover, reduce heat & simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring once or twice, until sweet potatoes are just tender.
- Remove lid & simmer for another few minutes until liquid is reduced.
- Drain & toss sweet potatoes gently with creme fraiche & seasonings to taste.
- Serve hot.