Were beets and goat cheese made for each other? We think so!! Our Cranberry & Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese & Pecans recipe is just one way to pair these two ingredients and make something extra special.
- 5 medium beets, tops & tails trimmed, cut into wedges (don’t peel)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil
- 1 pint fresh cranberries
- Juice & zest of 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup pecans, coarsely chopped & toasted
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss beet wedges with oil, salt, & pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet & roast, stirring occasionally, until just tender & starting to caramelize on outside, about 45 minutes (or 25- 30 minutes with convection).
- Let cool. In a small sauce pan, combine cranberries, orange juice/zest, & honey & bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low-medium & cook until just saucy but cranberries remain whole, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine beets with cranberry sauce & season to taste.
- Top with goat cheese & pecans.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.