Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 ½ c. all purpose unbleached white flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- ½ c. buttermilk or plain yogurt
- ¾ c. Drifless Sunflower oil/vegetable/canola/safflower oil
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. zucchini, grated
- 3 Tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, & vanilla.
- Add grated zucchini.
- Mix dry ingredients, with a sifter into a larger bowl (or the bowl of an electric mixer).
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix throughly.
- Add chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour into pan & bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Eat plain, sprinkled with powdered sugar, or drizzled with a chocolate glaze.