If you haven’t heard me rant and rave about the chocolate-beet combo – get ready! It’s seriously super good and a great way to add a little extra nutrient boost to your chocolatey goodies. Check it out:
Chocolate Beet Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 225 g chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup sunflower oil or canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups peeled and grated raw beets
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Whisk the flour with the cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat in a small, heavy-bottomed pot until melted, stirring consistently. Stir the sunflower or canola oil into the melted chocolate until smooth.
- Whisk eggs with granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the chocolate mixture, then fold in the flour mixture and the 2 cups grated beets until just combined.
- Scrape into an oiled 8 × 8 inch. metal baking pan. Bake at 325F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 min.
- Cool on a rack before cutting into squares.