Chickpeas! Chickpeas! Chickpeas! 🙂
Chickpea Kale Salad is a wonderful melding of some seriously delicious eats. Check it out:
Chickpea Kale Salad
Serves: 4 servings
- 1¾ cups apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Your bunch of red curly kale (see below for prepping instructions)
- 1¼ cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Driftless Sunflower (or Canola) oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- Combine vinegar, ½ cup water and sugar in a bowl. Stir in cucumber and onion; set aside to let pickle.
- Prepare kale by stripping the leaves from the stems (discard stems).
- Then, “massage” the kale by grabbing it with both hands and squeezing a bunch (kind of like you were massaging it). This breaks down the leaves and makes them more tender.
- Chop kale finely and in a large bowl, toss with chickpeas, ⅓ cup pickling liquid, oil, salt and pepper.
- Strain cucumber and onion and then toss into the salad.
- Add 2 hard-boiled egg quarters to each bowl before serving.