Chicken in Chili Verde
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 Tbsp. oil (preferably Driftless Sunflower Oil)
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 jalapeno or banana peppers (or one of each), chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- All of the tomatillos in your box, husked and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- ¼ c. cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse chicken, pat dry with a paper towel, & season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium/large sauté pan, heat oil. Add onion & coriander seeds & sauté for a minute or two.
- Add garlic & peppers & sauté for another minute.
- Add tomatillos & sauté for another couple minutes.
- Add chicken stock, lime juice, & zest & cook for a couple minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender & return to the pan.
- Bring to a boil & add chicken thighs.
- Reduce to medium heat & maintain a simmer uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is tender & juice runs clear when pierced with a knife in the center.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste & sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream, rice, roasted vegetables, & tortillas.