Looking for a creamy, delicious soup to get you through the winter? Look no further than our Cheesy Potato Squash Soup!
Cheesy Potato Squash Soup
- 1 buttercup squash
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium scarlet turnip
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 2 T butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 ½ cups veggie stock
- Black pepper
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for garnish
- Heat and melt the butter in a medium pot, on medium heat.
- Peel and seed squash. Chop it into small cubes.
- Chop the potatoes and turnip. Add onion, butternut squash, potatoes & turnips to the pot.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper and saute for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding the garlic at the end.
- Add just enough stock to barely cover the veggies. Cook until veggies are fully cooked, 10-15 minutes.
- Slowly transfer content of the pot into a food processor. Let cool briefly, blend well and return to the pot.
- Add the heavy cream and cheese. Stir until all blended. Be careful here, the soup will bubble and splash when it starts to heat up. Keep stirring. When cheese is melted, soup is all done.
- Serve with a dollop of soup cream.