Celeriac & Black Radish Remoulade
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 medium celeriac, peeled & grated
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 medium black Spanish radish, unpeeled & grated
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 4 tablespoons Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Immediately after grating, soak celeriac in lemon juice & 1 cup of cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk the mustard with 3 tablespoons hot water.
- Add the oil in a slow stream, whisking until the dressing is emulsified.
- Whisk in the vinegar, salt, pepper to taste.
- Drain the celeriac & blot dry with a paper towel.
- Add the celeriac, radish (& parsley if using) & toss the mixture well.