A delicious way to warm up this winter! We hope you love our Carrot, Sweet Potato and Kale Soup recipe as much as we do!
Carrot, Sweet Potato and Kale Soup
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and diced
- 1 pound carrots, diced
- 6 cups broth or water
- Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Leaves from one green kale top, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Saute onions and garlic in oil until browned. Add sweet potato, squash, and carrots and saute for a few minutes.
- Add broth, coconut milk, curry powder and salt and pepper (to taste). Cook until veggies are soft.
- Puree about ¾ of the mixture with an immersion blender or in a regular blender; return to pot, if using a regular blender.
- Add kale and cook for a minute or two longer.
- This soup is great as a leftover too! Try making a double batch and keeping in your fridge for up to five days. Enjoy!