Beet greens are a super delicious addition to almost any dish. Check out this Cabbage Beet-Green Slaw recipe and see for yourself:
Cabbage Beet-Green Slaw
- 1 head sweetheart cabbage
- 1 white onion
- ¾ c. mayonnaise or veganaise
- ¼ c. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 c. beet leaves (& some of your braising mix, if needed)
- Thinly slice cabbage and discard tough ribs; place in large bowl.
- Cut onion lengthwise in half, then cut each half crosswise into paper-thin slices. Add onion to cabbage.
- In small bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add to cabbage mixture and toss to coat well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, cut beet leaves/braising mix into julienne strips; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve salad.
- To serve, toss julienne beet leaves with cabbage mixture.