Cabbage and Noodles
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 c. thinly sliced onions
- ¼ c. unsalted butter
- 1½ Tbsp. paprika
- 8 cups finely shredded green cabbage (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 12 ounces fine or medium-wide egg noodles
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- dollop of sour cream (optional)
- In a pot with a tight lid, cook the onions in the butter on medium heat until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Add the paprika & saute for a few seconds more.
- Stir in the cabbage & salt & continue to cook for 5 more minutes, stirring now & then. Cove tightly & cook on very low heat for 40-60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is very soft & brown.
- When cabbage is almost done, cook noodles in boiling water until al dente.
- Drain & toss well with cabbage mixture.
- Add generous amount of pepper, &, if you like, top with a dollop of sour cream & serve!