Butternut Squash Oven Fries
- 1 medium or ½ large butternut squash
- Driftless Sunflower Oil or olive oil
- Chili powder or cayenne (if you want them spicy)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Peel and de-seed your butternut squash. If you’re unfamiliar with handling them, you may have a little trouble at first. They’re fairly easy to peel, but you’ll need a sharp knife to cut them.
- Once your squash is peeled and seed-free, slice it in half. Then cut it up into french fry shapes.
- Toss with oil, salt, pepper and chili/cayenne (optional).
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Place tray in your pre-heated oven and bake for 40 minutes or so, flipping halfway through baking process. Fries are done when they are starting to brown on the edges and get crispy. Serve with ketchup, or however else you enjoy fries or sweet potato fries!