A fun bubble and squeak recipe that everyone will love!
Bubble and Squeak
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 kale top, finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat until tender enough to pierce with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and mash potatoes, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the cabbage, kale and carrot in another saucepan and add just enough water to barely cover the bottom of the pan. Cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain off liquid and stir into the mashed potatoes along with the onion, mustard and Cheddar cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a greased grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the patties on the pan and grill until heated through and golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve right away.