Brussels Sprout Hash
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2-3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 10 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts (such as pecans or black walnuts)
- 1-2 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Chop the bacon into squares.
- Slice Brussels sprouts in half and then slice thinly.
- Heat a medium-sized non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add half the oil and then chopped bacon. Cook bacon for about 3 to 4 minutes until the edges start to crisp.
- Add Brussels sprouts and red onion and sauté for about another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the nuts and toss through. Spoon your hash onto a serving plate, and return the pan over medium-high heat.
- Add another half tablespoon of oil and crack your egg(s) into pan.
- Once your egg is fried to preference, slide it over your hash and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Add a dash of hot sauce.