Author: Mrs. "Mike's Mom" Lind
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- ¾ cup sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ yellow or red onion, chopped
- ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown, drain and crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Combine dressing with salad.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.