Broccoli and Fennel Salad with Blue Cheese & Walnuts
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 3 Tbsp. Driftless Sunflower Oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. shallots or green onions, minced
- salt & pepper taste
- 2½ cups broccoli florets (can substitute cauliflower, green beans or snap peas)
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored & thinly sliced
- ⅓ c. walnuts, chopped & toasted
- ⅓ c. blue cheese, crumbled
- fennel leaves, for garnish
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard, onions, salt & pepper in a medium sized serving bowl.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes, drain, cool in ice water, & drain. Add to dressing with sliced fennel & toss with walnuts & blue cheese.
- Garnish with fennel leaves. Serve cold or at room temperature.