Braised Red Cabbage with Caraway
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
Recipe from: Cooking with the Seasons by Monique Hooker
- 8 c. red cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c. chicken or veggie stock
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. caraway seeds, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a heavy skillet, melt butter & saute the onion until tender.
- Add the cabbage & saute lightly.
- Add the broth & caraway seeds.
- Cover & simmer until cabbage is tender, around 20 minutes.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper, & vinegar & serve.
- Pairs well with roasted potatoes, lamb, & winter squash.