Bok Choy & Broccoli Stir Fry
Author: Dani Lind
- 3 scallions, whites chopped & greens separated & sliced
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1” piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 med. head bok choy, stems ½# sliced, greens separated & coarsely chopped
- 1 med. head broccoli, stems ½# sliced, florets separated & cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. each tamari & rice wine (or rice vinegar or sake)
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp. Chinese 5 spice powder (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped (optional)
- ¼ c. cashews
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium/high heat.
- Add scallions whites, garlic, & ginger & stir until fragrant (1 minute).
- Add bok choy & broccoli stems & stir until starting to brown (2-3minutes).
- Add broccoli florets, tamari, rice wine or vinegar, sugar, 5 spice, & toasted sesame oil.
- Stir another minute.
- Add bok choi & scallion greens & stir until wilted.
- Serve with rice or noodles & top with cashews & cilantro. Add tofu, chicken or beef if you wish.