This Black Bean Dip is perfect for a party, snack or even a spread! Plus, it keeps in the fridge for up to five days.
Black Bean Dip
- 1¼ cup of dry black beans
- 4 scallions, chopped well
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese, for garnish, optional
- Soak the black beans overnight and bring to a boil in fresh water, then simmer for 30 – 60 minutes or until tender. Drain well and let cool slightly.
- Put the black beans, scallions, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the black bean dip in a bowl and garnish with cilantro and cotija cheese, if using.
- Serve with tortilla chips and/or cut up vegetables like sliced kohlrabi, zucchini or salad turnips.