Basic Wilted Kale
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 Tbsp.Driftless sunflower oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste (or a splash of tamari & a couple drops of toasted sesame oil)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon (optional)
- Pull the kale leaves of their stems, coarsely chop, & rinse in a colander.
- Heat oil in a medium sauté pan.
- Add garlic (& ginger if using), stir a couple times, & add wet kale leaves.
- Cover & let the water on the leaves steam the kale for about 1 minute, until just wilted. Season with salt & pepper (& lemon if using, or tamari & toasted sesame oil) & serve immediately.
- Works with most other cooking greens as well just allow a couple more minutes cooking time for coarser greens like collards or kohlrabi leaves.