Asian Savoy Cabbage Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
This recipe is tasty and quick. Feel free to add things like the scallions (chopped up), grilled chicken (sliced), or toasted, slivered almonds
- 1 cup snap peas, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups green savoy cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup olive oil or Driftless sunflower oil
- ¼ cup rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 package of ramen noodles
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (to toast simply use a skillet on low heat, stirring constantly until golden brown.
- Dressing: Mix together the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles, the oil, vinegar, sugar, tamari, ginger, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, peas, and scallions Mix dressing well; pour over cabbage mixture.
- Toss lightly to coat.
- Break dry ramen noodles into small pieces.
- Add noodles to cabbage mixture; toss lightly to mix.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds.